V INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON CLIMATE JUSTICE | Beyond the emergency
DAY 1 – V INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON CLIMATE JUSTICE | Mutual and Transformative Practices for Change
organised by the ‘Climate Change, Territories, Diversity’ research group of the Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence on Climate Justice (University of Padua).
“Beyond the emergency” is entirely dedicated to the topics of the implementation of different practices in support of change and virtual pathways in the fields of political ecologies and agroecologies. During the two days you can discover in depth the best practices developed in Europe and Latin Amefrica.
THE CONFERENCE IS ALSO TRANSLATED INTO OTHER LANGUAGES:
The conference is in English and simultaneously translated into Spanish and Italian.
– ITA: https://youtube.com/live/6bVOBpoRi14?feature=share
– ESP (Facebook live streaming): https://fb.me/e/5MZH02cKP
// PROGRAM (from 15.00 to 19.00 – CET):
– Towards 3 years of Centre of Excellence Jean Monnet on Climate Justice: Communication and Dissemination of the events | Edoardo Crescini, Dep. ICEA, University of Padua;
– The Centre of Excellence Jean Monnet on Climate Justice: from the collection of the best practices till the Massive Online Open Course (MOOC) | Daniele Codato, Cristina Tha, Dep. ICEA, University of Padua;
– Scientific Publication and Research Activities at the Centre of Excellence Jean Monnet on Climate Justice | Francesca Peroni, Dep. ICEA, University of Padua;
– Towards the Yasunization of the Earth: a popular referendum to keep oil underground in Ecuador | Pedro Bermeo, Yasunidos;
– Climate Justice and African climate youth movements: A Bigger Picture | Vanessa Nakate, Climate activist for the Rise Up Movement;
– Climate Justice in the cities: the experience of Bergen Municipality | Stina Ellevseth Oseland, Director of the Climate Agency in the Bergen Municipality;
– Decolonizing the Resource Commons in a Multi-scalar Political Ecologies Framework | Joshi Shangrila, Member of the Faculty of Climate Justice, The Evergreen State Collage, Olympia, WA;
– The global campaign STOP EACOP: movements and legal actions to refuse a Fossil Future | Omar Mohamed Elmawi, STOEACOP coordinator campaigns since November 2022;
– The role of ICT in Climate Change: a World Wide Waste | Gerry McGovern, author of the book “World Wide Wate. How digital is killing our planet”;
– Skeptical Science: Giving facts a fighting chance against (climate) misinformation | Baerbel Winkler , coordinator and writer for Skeptical Science organization;
– Passante di Mezzo: Rights of Mobility and Collective Redefinition of the Public Space in Bologna | Angela Santese, Bologna for Climate Justice;
– Climate Movements: the Milan Congress for Climate Justice | Alex Foti, climate activist and coordinator of the World Congress for Climate Justice (WCCJ);
IMPORTANT: HOW TO APPLY FOR CERTIFICATES
The 5th Climate Justice Conference is part of the GIS 2023 SUMMER event cycle and the certificate will include that event.
For each event we will transmit a form that can be filled out live (and until the event closes – 7 pm) where you can mark your attendance online.
At the end of the cycle, you will receive an additional email self-certifying your total attendance at SUMMER GIS 2023. After filling out this 2nd form and within 60 days of its closing, the certificate will be sent on the event registration email.
LIVE ATTENDANCE COLLECTION FORM: https://forms.gle/Xa2obQzkZKbiodi98 (FORM CLOSING TIME 7 P.M. – CONFERENCE END TIME)
– Twitter: https://twitter.com/CoE_ClimateJ/
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/geografia.climatejustice/
STEDE – Erasmus Mundus Joint Master on Climate Change and Diversity
– Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sustainable.development.master/
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EMSTeDe