Urban architecture goes green
The World Expo has always been a showcase for state-of-the-art building, science and technology. Ever since the Eiffel Tower was constructed as the gateway to Paris’s World Fair of 1889 or the world’s first telephone was displayed at the Chicago World Fair of 1893, people have looked to the World Expo as a source of inspiration. The fair is a place of innovation, as the Austrian pavilion at this year’s World Expo in Milan demonstrates. As today (the 22nd of April) marks ‘Earth Day’, we take you inside the soon-to-be-opened EXPO site, to show you how the pavilion’s ‘green’ architecture could serve as a model for cities of the future.
Follow #UNFAO on social media!
* Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/UNFAO
* Google+ – https://plus.google.com/+UNFAO
* Instagram – https://instagram.com/unfao/
* LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/fao
* Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/faoknowledge