It’s Giving Tuesday – Time To Give Back Locally
November 29 is #GivingTuesday a global generosity movement unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world. This year, more than ever, local non-profits need your support.
Here are some ways to show some local love:
- Montclair Gateway to Aging in Place serves as a virtual umbrella network to provide connections to services and resources that make it possible to age in place. Support their mission here.
- To help students get back on track, Succeed2gether is offering expanded and free academic support programs to families who would otherwise be unable to afford them. Donate here.
- Donations to Toni’s Kitchen are especially important during this urgent time of need in our community. Since the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic, the food pantry has seen numbers continue to rise.
- Human Needs Food Pantry has helped neighbors in need for over 40 years. Donate online.
- Aging in Montclair (AIM) is a non-profit organization created in 2015 to spotlight and advocate for the needs of older residents of the Montclair area. Over 650 members participate in various social and educational activities and shape grassroots advocacy efforts. All services are free and open to seniors from Montclair and the surrounding area.Donate online.
- Montclair Neighborhood Development Corporation’s mission is to empower and support disadvantaged individuals, youth, and families to achieve an improved quality of life through training, education, and advocacy. Donate online.
- HOMECorp is committed to creating and preserving affordable housing with the belief that it preserves economic diversity and ignites community revitalization while fostering financial empowerment. Donate online.
- Friends of the Howe House are working to preserve the home of James Howe, the first African American homeowner in Montclair, and the legacy of the African American community. Donate here.
- A donation to Montclair Community Farms helps its mission to serve as a local hands-on resource that engages and educates the community through urban farming, affordable food access, and healthy living.
- Montclair Public Library is a beloved and vital resource in our community. Donations to MPL may be made by check to the Montclair Public Library Foundation, 50 South Fullerton Avenue, Montclair, or online at the Foundation website.
- The Bloomfield Public Library Foundation’s vision is to provide privately sourced funding beyond the constraints of the municipal budget and to help create a library space for all to access. Donations can be made online or checks made payable to “The Bloomfield Public Library Foundation” can be mailed to 90 Broad Street, Bloomfield, NJ 07003.
- The Friends of the Glen Ridge Library relies on the generosity of the community to ensure the enhanced programs and services continue for years to come. Donations make their way to the Glen Ridge Public Library by supporting its programs, events, and services.
- A donation to S.O.F.I.A (Start Out Fresh Intervention Advocates), will help the organization keep its commitment to empowering the lives of women and their families that have been affected by domestic violence.
- No matter the challenges facing our community, The YMCA of Montclair is here to help. During the COVID19 pandemic, the Y has provided programming to address needs like food insecurity, blood shortages, emergency childcare, and remote learning support.
- Montclair Art Museum continues to offer engaging, thought-provoking exhibitions, innovative virtual programming, and ways to connect. You can donate to MAM here.
- A gift to Jazz House Kids allows the organization to bring programs, teachers, instruments, inspiration, and dedication to thousands of young people who look to them to help them share their songs. Donations can be made online.
- Support for APEX Ensemble comes from community members like you. Make a donation to support the arts in Montclair and Northern New Jersey.
- A donation to Montclair Film allows the organization to bring great films, filmmakers, programs, and events to our region while keeping ticket prices affordable.
- Vanguard Theater Company challenges social and cultural narratives through theater dedicated to DREAM: Diversity, Reciprocity, Education, Activism, and Mentorship.
- Luna Stage develops and produces vibrant plays about local and global experiences. Donate here..
- CASA of Essex County promotes the welfare of children who have been removed from their homes due to abuse, neglect, or abandonment by providing a safety net of support, advocacy, and mentorship. A donation helps them with their mission.
- Outpost in the Burbs is a non-profit outreach organization dedicated to building community through music, community service, and cultural programs. Donate online here.
- A donation to Montclair Scholarship Fund helps talented and deserving Montclair High School seniors. MSF only has sufficient funds to support one out of every four MHS students who apply. With your donation, Montclair Scholarship Fund can help more MHS students defray the cost of their college education.
- Support the mission of Montclair Ambulance Unit with a donation. Donations to MAU help not only the day-to-day operations but also MAU Community Outreach which delivers low-cost community education to individuals, schools, community groups, and more.
- Montclair Fund for Educational Excellence (MFEE) raises money to engage and empower students, teachers, and supporters of public education. MFEE drives innovation and collaborates with the Montclair community to create equitable access to high-quality education for all students. Donate online.
- The Montclair Foundation awards grants to help charitable organizations in the greater Montclair area. Donate online.
- Out Montclair relies on the generosity of donors to bring events, activities, and resources to the Montclair LGBTQIA+ community, including the annual Montclair Pride Festival. Donate here.
- Laptop Upcycle is committed to obtaining, refreshing, and distributing technology to students who need the tools to succeed in school. You can donate technology or funds online.
- Bloomfield Animal Shelter accepts food, supplies, and monetary donations to support its work. More information here.
- The Friends of the Montclair Township Animal Shelter is the fundraising arm of the Montclair Township Animal Shelter. Monetary donations are most appreciated. Checks can also be made out to “The Township of Montclair” and a notation should be made in the memo section that says “Animal Shelter Donation.” Checks for the shelter can be mailed to the Montclair Health Department at 205 Claremont Avenue, Montclair, NJ 07042.
- AAPI Montclair, a grassroots 501(c)3 nonprofit that advocates for and uplifts Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in the Montclair area and across New Jersey, offers a brave space to share experiences and help unify voices to create action and representation. Donate online.
- Latinos of Montclair was formed in 2022 with a goal of unifying the community and allies to build greater cultural understanding and celebrate the cultural aspects that both define and unify Latin culture. Donate online.
- Skate Essex relies on donations to bring skateboarding events to Montclair and support the upcoming skateable sculptures at Rand Park and work to bring a permanent skatepark to Montclair. Donate here..