Europe’s climate in 2050
The speed and magnitude of the climate change we are facing today is unprecedented. Heatwaves, droughts, floods… We are feeling its effects on our daily lives, year after year. Its impacts will increase at least until 2050 and every region of Europe will be affected.
Based on the results of the latest available studies, and in particular, on the 6th IPCC report, this film, produced by scientists in the framework of the European project EUCP, aims to present to the general public the climate changes expected in Europe in 2050. The researchers explain in an accessible way the variations in temperature and precipitation as well as the extreme climate events that European inhabitants will have to face.
This film provides the keys to understand how climate will reshape our landscapes and lifestyles over the coming decades. … and to enable us to better anticipate the need for human societies to adapt to this partly inevitable climate change.
This film is available in several languages:
💻 For more information:
– The European Climate Prediction System (EUCP)
– The CNRS news website
– IPCC-AR6, WGI
– IPCC Interactive Atlas
– “Making climate projections conditional on historical observations”, Ribes et al. 2021
– “Assessment of the European Climate Projections as Simulated by the Large EURO-CORDEX Regional and Global Climate Model Ensemble”, Coppola et al. 2021
👉 https://doi.org/10.1029/2019JD032344 (paid access)
– “Understanding climate change from a global analysis of city analogues”, Bastin et al. 2019
– “The first multi-model ensemble of regional climate simulations at kilometer-scale resolution part 2: historical and future simulations of precipitation”, Pichelli et al. 2021
📽 Scientific Director: Samuel Somot (Météo France), Centre national de recherches météorologiques (CNRM – Météo France / CNRS)
Production: Emmanuel Somot, Yves Dorsi, https://www.vuxe.fr
Screenplay: Marina Martinez
Music: Tristan Lepagney
© CNRS, 2021
🔔 Subscribe to the CNRS channel: https://bit.ly/CNRSsurYT
Follow us on social media!
Twitter 👉 https://twitter.com/CNRS
Facebook 👉 https://www.facebook.com/cnrs.fr/
Instagram 👉 https://www.instagram.com/cnrs/
LinkedIn 👉 https://www.linkedin.com/company/cnrs/