Chino and The Hills Secrets Exposed: Tree City USA #chino #chinohills #treecityusa #secretsexposed
Welcome to Chino and The Hills Secrets Exposed. A weekly segment where I expose lesser known history, fun facts and locations throughout Chino and Chino Hills. Come and join me on the journey.
Today I am in the city of Chino on the corner of Chino Ave and Mckinley standing in front of the city’s “Tree City USA” sign.
The city of Chino was named a Tree City USA in 1989 and has achieved the designation 25 times, according to a list compiled by the Arbor Day Foundation in 2018.
Started in 1976, Tree City USA is one of the Arbor Day Foundation’s oldest programs.
The first Tree City USA cohort was comprised of 42 communities in 16 states. Today, the program includes more than 3,600 communities from all 50 states, Washington D.C., and Puerto Rico.
Publicly demonstrating your commitment to the environment is a great way to build pride among residents, as well as position your community as an attractive place to live.
A thriving urban forest offers many advantages to communities.
* Trees help absorb the sounds of traffic in urban areas by 40%.
* Neighborhoods with trees are seven to nine degrees cooler than those without.
* Trees reduce energy costs up to 25% by shading buildings and protecting them from winter winds.
* Homes with trees have higher property values.
* Green space plays a major role in improving mental and physical health.
* Planting and maintaining trees absorbs carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, mitigating the effects of climate change.
City of Chino Hills received it’s designation in 2022.
#chino #chinohills #chinoandthehills #chinoandthehillssecretsexposed #bestchinorealtor #chinorealtor #chinorealestateupdate #chinorealestate #bestchinohillsrealtor #local #community #91710 #91709 #91708